WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA is now accepting applications for a full-time News Video Editor. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and creative editor who has what it takes to work in a very competitive news market. This position will cover news stories as assigned. Our ideal candidate has an excellent eye for visual compelling storytelling and is passionate about combining strong writing and storytelling with great pictures and sound. This position may also include in-studio camera operation.
• Edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines.
• Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material.
• Communicating with producers about current stories, show rundowns, and plans for feeds and live shots.
• Ensuring proper storage and organization of media files.
• Maintaining standards for all edited material.
• Taking in ENG and SNG feeds.
• Operating the video feed center.
• Operating in-studio camera during newscasts and/or special programs.
• Any other editing duties as assigned by news managers.
• Work varied shifts: overnight, holidays and weekends included.
• Be reliable and available for extra shifts to cover vacations and sick calls.
• Proficiency in editing using nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere).
• Ability to edit on non- linear equipment, including Final Cut Pro, Avid and Edius
• Deal with the stress and pressure of time-sensitive newscast production.
• Communicate with producers during newscasts and adjust to changes accordingly.
• Knowledge of current television production techniques.
• Able to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
• 1-2 years of professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) OR college degree in media or broadcast-related field.
• Videography experience preferred
• High School Diploma.
• Some college or technical school preferred.
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5y93-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.