Assistant News Director
News Editor - PT
WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA is now accepting applications for a part-time News Editor.
• Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material.
• Communicating with producers about current stories, show rundowns, and plans for feeds and live shots.
• Ensuring proper storage and organization of media files.
• Maintaining standards for all edited material.
• Taking in ENG and SNG feeds.
• Running the feed center.
• Any other editing duties as assigned by news managers.
• Work varied shifts: overnight, holidays and weekends included.
• Be reliable and available for extra shifts to cover vacations and sick calls.
• Edit using nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere).
• Deal with the stress and pressure of time-sensitive newscast production.
• Communicate with producers during newscasts and adjust to changes accordingly.
• 1-2 years of professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) OR college degree in media or broadcast-related field.
• Videography experience preferred, but not required.
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw7ev2-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.