News Anchor / Reporter - WSMV
NEWS ANCHOR/REPORTER (W/END) - WSMV
WSMV-TV is a NBC-affiliated television station and proud to be part of the Gray TV family. WSMV-TV is located in Nashville, TN and serves Music City and it's surrounding communities. We have an outstanding team and culture!
WSMV 4 Nashville seeks an anchor and reporter who digs, develops sources and embraces all aspects of the storytelling process - anchoring weekend newscasts, enterprising stories, shooting, writing, editing, and presenting live. Candidates must also be skilled in using digital and social tools to enhance stories, gather information, and engage with the audience.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Anchor weekend evening newscasts and fill on other newscasts, as needed
- Report three days a week
- Develop and pitch unique enterprise stories daily
- Shoot, write, edit, and present compelling stories, either solo or with a photographer
- Assist in editorial decision-making
- At least three years experience as an anchor and multimedia journalist
- Excellent anchoring and reporting skills
- Strong writing ability and editorial judgment
- Ability to shoot and edit on deadline
- Understanding of digital and social media
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz6333-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.