Regional Sales Assistant
News Production Assistant
WROC-TV8, a CBS Affiliate, seeks a Part-Time Production Assistant to coordinate the efforts of various television production duties required to record scenes for live and recorded broadcasts. The Part-time Production Assistant is expected to be a driving force in making our newscasts stand out from the competition helping to create visually an exciting and error free newscasts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Composes and frames camera shots, and applies the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by Directors.
• Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure, and lighting as requested.
• Operates technical equipment during live broadcasts, including studio cameras and lower-third graphics.
• Confers with studio crew to discuss sequences, effects, camera movements, and lighting requirements.
• Tests, cleans, maintains, and repairs camera equipment.
• Shoots video for news reports.
• Edits video content prior to newscasts.
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience preferred.
• Minimum one year's experience working in a television broadcasting environment.
• Deko, Photoshop a plus, and broadcast equipment experience preferred.
• Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
• Available to work extended hours when needed.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.