Multimedia Journalist Reporter
The WRIC Digital Producer leads the transition from broadcast focused newsrooms to multi-platform newsrooms through active daily example; providing training in methods, processes and tactics; as well as in creating/editing origin content beyond that which is produced for on-air. The chosen candidate publishes content throughout the day and use knowledge of digital best practices to choose topics, write stories, work with the news team, and maximize the reach of the website, mobile app and primary social media channels.
• Develops and leads winning strategy for digital content
• Writes stories for the web and other digital platforms
• Takes the lead in writing and sharing breaking news updates and collaborates with reporters in the field
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• s s ocial m edia and w ebsite to build and reinforce brand recognition and drive audience across platforms
• Expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms
• Finds new ways to use social media and our website to engage with viewers
• Determines a story's emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly
• Reviews copy and will correct errors in content, grammar and punctuation following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Research and analyze background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts
• Builds and calendars digital campaigns to promote local shows and specials.
• Online content management and understanding of best practices
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Pitches local and trending stories during editorial meetings
Requirements & Skills:
• Degree in journalism; daily newspaper or news site experience required; live, working web samples and/or print pages preferred
• Proficiency in Associated Press style, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Basic HTML preferred
• and other relevant technology skills is a plus
• Top-rate communication skills for internal and external communications.
• Maintain positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments
• Responds positively to feedback
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.