- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
WPTZ-TV, the NBC affiliate in Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market, is looking for a Senior Multimedia Journalist that has the ability to generate story ideas, write to video, and do compelling live shots. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. The MMJ should be an accurate, ethical, compelling storyteller with a team attitude. The right candidate loves telling stories and delivering them LIVE to the viewers. This person will produce content on-air, on-line, and for our mobile devices.
What you get in return is the chance to become part of HEARST Television, one of the premier broadcast companies in the country. You'll also get to work with a talented group of journalists who go the extra mile for each other and the opportunity to live in one of the most scenic parts of the country. This position is based at our South Burlington, VT office, but will cover stories from throughout our NH/VT/NY market.
• Gather information for stories and live reports for newscasts that could include mornings, nights and weekends. Variable shift possible.
• Put together high-quality packages.
• Coverage of breaking news
• Develop sources and generate story ideas
• Shoot live shots and live interviews
• Shoot and track news stories
• Work with reporters on packages, special reports and documentaries
• Minimum three years television news reporting, photography and editing
• Breaking news/sports reporter
• Creative writer and packager
• Military multimedia experience will be considered
• Works quickly and efficiently
• Good personality. Must connect with viewers
• Must enjoy being part of a team.
• Excellent writing and packaging skills
• Must be able to provide samples of reporting and photography.
• Ability to develop contacts and generate stories.
• Ability to shoot and edit high quality video
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field.
• Military multimedia training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) will be considered with appropriate experience
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.