WLWT-TV, the Hearst Television Inc. NBC affiliate located in Cincinnati, Ohio is looking for a Sales Assistant to assist the sales team. Specifically, you will work with the sales team on processing advertising contracts, obtaining creative materials, generating support materials for sales team, and coordinating the scheduling and launch of advertising campaigns. You will report to WLWT's Local Sales Manager. This career opportunity is a great way to get your foot in the door at a respected TV station and begin a career with Hearst Television, an industry-leading television station group.
• Enter and maintain all national orders including electronic transfer and maintenance of all MediaLine/WOCentral orders to WideOrbit
• Help develop sales proposals, advertising packages and client presentations
• Create supportive marketing materials for sales department
• Communicate with our teams (sales, production, finance) and external clients on performance and delivery of campaigns
• Maintain organized filing systems
• Prepare proposals based on account executive requests
• Keep progress tabs on several sales projects
• Work cooperatively with managers, co-workers and clients to deliver a high-level of service
• Work with co-workers, clients and the viewing public, both on the phone and in person
• Must have computer and software experience
• Previous commercial television experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), WideOrbit, and MediaLine.
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive projects
• Keen on learning new systems promptly and thoroughly
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary
• Must be focused and organized
• Must take pride in work, respond to instruction well, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and perform at a high-level
• Deal with the daily stresses and pressures associated with commercial television sales
• Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
• Medical | Dental | Vision
• 401(k) matching
• Emotional Wellness Support
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Parental Leave
• LGBTQ+ Health Services
• Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz81x7-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.