Video Editor/Writer (PT)
WLUK has an immediate opening for a Part-time Video Editor/Writer. This Creative Combo is a Part-time job and perfect for someone who is studying Journalism, Communications or Digital Media. The Part-time position is your first step to a career as a ''visual storyteller''. You'll be part of a professional environment, where each day your work will be seen on our broadcast and digital channels. You'll also see your progress grow each day, while informing your community by writing the stories and sharing the images of important events.
Job responsibilities include:
• Editing video for daily news coverage, special projects, and sweep period pieces
• Taking in news feeds from news bureaus and various news organizations
• Collaborating with anchors, reporters, and producers on video elements of newscasts
• Meeting daily deadlines in a high-energy working environment
• Writing news content for Broadcast and Digital platforms
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Associates Degree or current college experience
• Knowledge of Non-linear editing software (Final Cut Pro and Avid NewsCutter XP) is a definite plus - however we will offer extensive training
• Ability to work with a multitude of people and personalities while maintaining a professional work environment
• Ability to deal with multiple deadlines each day
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnjv0m-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.