News Assignment Desk Assistant - PT
WLUK is seeking a detail oriented, eager and energetic News Assignment Desk Assistant (PT). This position will work weekends in the newsroom with a team of journalists. Duties include answering viewer phone calls and relaying information to team members, updating digital and social media sites. This is an entry level job. The successful candidate will receive extensive paid training.
Skills and Experience:
• Relay information to news crews
• Follow outlined news plans and respond to changes
• Write and post content to station website and social media sites
• Dedication to accurate writing
• Listen to scanners and react to breaking news, make beat checks, monitor web sites and social media, react to developing news
• Listen for and respond to breaking news
• Assist in the efficient operations of the assignment desk
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Candidates pursuing a degree in journalism or related field preferred
• Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
• General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and emerging social media platforms
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1oko0-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.