WLOX News Now has the #1 and #2 stations in the Biloxi - Gulfport DMA. We are focused on producing award-winning news and telling local stories that matter. We also have a dominant digital presence, using WLOX.com, the WLOX News app, the WLOX Weather app, Gulf Coast Weekend, and social media platforms to connect to a worldwide audience. Coastal Mississippi offers affordability, tasty cuisine, and top-tier arts and entertainment around just about every corner. We blend that together with our own rich history to make WLOX the station for South Mississippi.
The WLOX sales department is seeking a friendly, positive, self-motivated individual whose primary responsibilities will be to provide a variety of administrative support and increase productivity as Local Sales Assistant to the sales organization. This individual must thrive in a team environment, have a strong work ethic, be detail oriented and be able to work independently in a fast-paced work culture. The Sales Assistant position is vital in helping WLOX local partners grow. Be a part of a successful team that strives to exceed customer expectations.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide support to Sales Management and Sales Staff
• Order entry/maintenance including avails, proposals, pre/post logs
• Create PowerPoint sales presentations for clients as well as station initiatives
• Daily management of inventory changes/program changes
• Pull and provide detailed reports for management as well as sales staff and clients
• Create, prepare, and maintain sales collateral and packages for sales staff and other projects assigned by management.
• Assist traffic department with order entry and copy
• Coordinate with other departments on projects as needed
• Assist with research, traffic, and programming functions within the sales department
• ️ The ideal candidate is an organized multitasker. They are detail-oriented, problem solver, and able to learn new things quickly. This person works well under pressure and understands how to prioritize and manage time wisely. Candidate should be proficient in data entry and have experience in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WLOX-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx2o31-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.