Nexstar Media - WLNS-TV6, the CBS affiliate in Lansing, MI has an opening for a National Sales Assistant/Log Editor.
The National Sales Assistant works within established Sales Department guidelines to maximize station revenue opportunities from an order entry, traffic and accounting perspective and works closely with the National Sales Manager and National Rep Firm.
The Log Editor will help to manage inventory, create a program log that maximizes station revenue while working closely with the traffic hub. Other job duties will include front desk phone coverage, learning cross department roles (copy & promotions) and being backup to other traffic department employees as needed.
• Maintains awareness of the most current traffic policies, practices and procedures
• Enters order, traffic and accounting data using computers, ledgers, orders and other resources
• Corresponds with customers and confers with coworkers to answer inquiries and resolve account problems
• Prepares forms and reports
• Prepare and manage the input of commercial and programming logs
• Working with Sales Management to manage commercial inventory
• Maintains files and other business records
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• High School diploma
• Fluency in English
• Meticulous data-entry skills
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum one year's experience in clerical support or administrative assistance, preferably in the sales or media fields
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Able to prioritize, pro-active, work independently, and manage multiple projects at one time
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkyepp-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.