- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWIVT/WBGH News Channel 34 is looking for a dynamic Local Sales Assistant. The ideal LSA will work within established Sales Department guidelines to provide support to help maximize station revenue opportunities.
• Provide administrative support for a dynamic News 34 Sales team
• Assist in creating Broadcast and Digital Sales packages and designing Marketing one-sheets
• Maintain awareness of the most current traffic policies, practices and procedures
• Enter orders, traffic and accounting data using computers and industry software
• Communicate with and service Local advertisers as needed to answer inquiries and trouble shoot account issues.
• Prepares forms and reports as requested
• Monitor commercial inventory
• Maintain files and other business records
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• High School diploma
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint a plus
• Minimum one year's experience in administrative support preferably in the sales or media fields
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Local Sales Assistant must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Local Sales Assistant must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d91b4z-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.