- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWIVB News 4 and CW 23 serve Western New York with the region's best local news, the area's most dependable forecast, and up-to-the -minute Breaking News coverage. Our team is ''always on,'' giving western New York the latest news, on air, on WIVB.com and with the News 4 app. With eleven hours of local news each weekday, News 4 surpasses all other Buffalo TV stations in its commitment to live news. Each month WIVB.com, News 4 reaches over three-quarters of a million unique users.
People who work at WIVB and WNLO are able to take advantage of the rich cultural and social scene Buffalo offers. From two professional sports teams to world-class museums and restaurants appealing to nearly every taste and budget, Buffalo offers a vibrant lifestyle for people of all ages. And, with a downtown renaissance that has thousands flocking to the heart of the city, Buffalo is a year-round destination for Western New Yorkers and tourists from all over.
The Sales Assistant works within established Sales Department guidelines to maximize station revenue opportunities from an order entry, traffic and accounting perspective. The Sales assistant is also responsible for performing all clerical functions required by department personnel as needed.
• Maintains awareness of the most current traffic policies, practices and procedures
• Enters order, traffic and accounting data using computers, ledgers, orders and other resources
• Corresponds with customers and confers with coworkers to answer inquiries and resolve account problems
• Prepares forms and reports
• Monitors inventory
• Maintains files and other business records
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• High School diploma
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum one year's experience in clerical support or administrative assistance, preferably in the sales or media fields
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4q47v-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.