WIS-TV has been the #1 ranked television station in the capitol city of Columbia, South Carolina for 67 years. WIS broadcasts to 41 of the state's 46 counties, making it truly ''South Carolina's TV Station''. WIS ranks as the #2 ranked NBC in the country (out of 253 affiliates). Among its many former notable on-air staff is NBC Today Show co-host Craig Melvin. Melvin, a Columbia native, got his start as a reporter and anchor for WIS. WIS is an award-winning news operation with over 60 Emmy nominations in the last 5 years. WIS is also the proud recipient of the prestigious Edward R. Murrow Award for Journalism Excellence and has been awarded ''South Carolina Broadcasters Association Station of the Year'' a record 16 times. Our station's rich history of community service supports a diverse Midlands of South Carolina population and has dedicated our support of the state's many veterans (South Carolina is home to the most retired military veterans in the nation) in our ''Year of the Veteran'' initiative which honors and supports veterans many needs. Columbia is also home to Fort Jackson, the US Army's largest army installation for Basic Combat Training in the nation, and employers Blue Cross Blue Shield and Palmetto Health systems. WIS provides over 50 hours of live news per week for the viewers of South Carolina and is proud to have two broadcast icons in Judi Gatson and Rick Henry as reigning TV Anchor and TV Sportscaster of the Year. In 2019, WIS commissioned Columbia's CW on 10.2, which now provides a full schedule of programming and WIS newscasts, including a nightly 10pm newscast. The historic and iconic WIS building is located two blocks from the South Carolina Statehouse and just across the street from the sprawling University of South Carolina. Outdoor enthusiast relish the areas many golf courses that South Carolina has to offer along with boating and fishing on the large 50,000 acre Lake Murray recreational area in Lexington County. Lake Murray is the largest recreational reservoir in the world.
WIS /Channel 10, the Gray owned NBC affiliate in Columbia, SC is seeking a Digital Sales Assistant to join our team. This position works strategically with the sales staff to monitor digital campaign performance while assisting with the development of integrated marketing campaigns. The Digital Sales Assistant must have knowledge of digital marketing including social media, audience targeting and mobile and video marketing strategies. They must also have high organizational skills and willing to take initiative. Position reports to the Sales Management team.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Digital order entry with high level of accuracy.
• Request, update and monitor digital creative scheduling on all campaigns.
• Execute campaigns and creative development for all digital advertising.
• Assist in startup process for digital campaigns by providing research and playing an active role in on-boarding campaigns.
• Monitor digital campaigns pacing and effectiveness to ensure campaign delivery.
• Retain/grow digital revenue by proactively finding opportunities to optimize campaign performance.
• Manage and communicate inventory sell through percentages and avails to staff.
• Work as a liaison with 3rd party vendors.
• Reconcile / audit 3rd party billing.
• Works closely and communicates with the Account Executives.
• Other duties as assigned by DSM and/or LSM.
• Must have high organizational skills and willing to take initiative.
• Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and perform in a high-paced environment.
• Strong communicating and listening skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Detail oriented.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5056-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.