WGRZ, NBC 2, ''On Your Side'', is looking for a Producer for our winning team. The producer must be curious, creative and lead the room with a strong editorial voice.
Our show producers create interesting and informative newscasts, with an emphasis on the use of video, graphics, conversational writing and innovative formats.
The ideal candidate will break the mold with innovative ideas for daily content, while maintaining close attention to detail. This producer must be able to write concisely and execute the goals of the newscast with near perfection.
• Write and produce 30-60 minutes of news content per shift.
• Communicate with anchors and managers in the newsroom, as well as crews in the field, to produce the best newscast.
• Maintain the editorial integrity of all of your shows and content while supporting station wide content initiatives that may include special programming, digital content and training.
• An ethical journalistic compass should go without saying.
• 1-3 Years of Previous Producing Experience preferred.
• Ability to handle the pressure of multiple deadlines every day.
• Strong communication skills and a sense of innovation that drives your producing.
• Familiarity with ENPS and Edius editing software is a plus.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gknyop-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.