Full-Time Operations Technician
WGAL, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate in Lancaster, PA, has an opening for a highly motivated and creative News Editor to work in a very competitive news market. This position requires flexible scheduling and availability. Our ideal candidate has an excellent eye for visual compelling storytelling and is passionate about combining strong writing and storytelling with great pictures and sound.
• Edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines.
• Maintain news archives.
• Operate electronic newsgathering equipment.
• Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material.
• Effectively collaborates with producers, reporters and managers to produce high quality stories.
• Ensuring proper storage and organization of media files.
• Maintaining standards for all edited material.
• Taking in ENG and SNG feeds.
• Any other editing duties as assigned by news managers.
• Previous editing experience required.
• Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
• Military video editing experience will be considered.
• Ability to work on linear and non- linear equipment.
• Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere.
• Must be able to handle and juggle multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines.
• Knowledge of current television production techniques.
• Familiarity with mass communications law and media responsibilities.
• Communicate effectively with photographers and producers.
• Must be able to record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system.
• Able to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
• Able to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment with calm, skilled execution.
• Must be a dependable and reliable team player
• Possess a valid drivers' license and good driving record.
• High School Diploma.
• Some college or technical school preferred.
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) is a plus.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.