Investigative Reporter - WFSB
About WFSB :
WFSB Channel 3 Eyewitness News is everywhere. We're Connecticut's #1 source for the latest weather including Connecticut's only LIVE doppler radar, breaking news, traffic and all the info you need to make it through your day.
WFSB is seeking an ambitious investigative reporter that will use sources and data to generate original and unduplicated long term and daily investigative and enterprise story ideas. Conduct in-depth research and interviews. Write, report and present stories on camera and for all digital platforms.
Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Answering phones, discerning news tips, gathering information and dispensing that information to the newsroom.
- Posting content, including stories, videos and pictures, to the station's digital platforms, while complying with digital publishing standards, including AP Style guidelines and in-house style guidelines.
- Monitors news sources to ensure news is being appropriately covered.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or manager to exchange information related to assigned tasks.
- Taking in live feeds and coordinating interviews.
Education - Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
Experience - 3-5 years experience as a general assignment or investigative reporter.
Specific Knowledge/Skills and Abilities -
- Experience using Avid, internet production tools, and iNews a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule and work as a member of a team.
- Must possess advanced understanding of newscast presentation.
- Must possess excellent writing and graphics skills with ability to provide an interesting and substantive product.
- Must be results oriented.
- Ability to focus on coordination of daily and long-range segments from first contact to on-air product. Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a creative, fast paced environment.
- Ability to make quick decisions without losing composure.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Previous experience with script writing and editorial experience preferred.
- % Travel Required (Approximate): 10 %
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxqm5z-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.