Join the evolution! DC News Now (WDCW/WDVM) is growing, and we're looking for a Digital Producer who thrives in a fast-paced, creative environment and has a vision for what news and other content can and should be on digital, social, and streaming platforms. If you're outside of the box, we want to hear from you!
DC News Now digital producers are leaders in the newsroom. They enterprise and develop quality content that follows the highest journalistic standards and provides a rich experience for our audience. They're storytellers who are plugged into the community and crush it when it comes to social listening. Digital content producers are all about our audience members whenever and wherever they are, and on whatever device they're using.
The person who joins us in this position will have an audience-first approach in producing and sharing DC News Now content across all platforms including the DC News Now app. We operate as one content team in our newsroom, which means the digital producer will work closely with other content creators including broadcast producers, photojournalists, and reporters.
Our digital producers are at the core of the flow of information. They are in continual contact with members of our community and are key in communicating things out to the entire content team.
• Produce audience-first, engaging storytelling through digital articles, videos, social media, push alerts, live streams, and interactive elements
• Social listening: monitor social chatter and track trending stories via Chartbeat, CrowdTangle, Google Trends, and our social media platforms; report findings to newsroom
• Urgently and aggressively report news online as it happens
• Focus on accuracy and balance in stories and social content through copy editing and training of staff
• Produce, shoot, edit videos for DC News Now digital platforms
• Generate web traffic through Search Engine Optimization best practices, website management, app management, push notifications, and application of advanced social media skills
• Work with all newsroom team members on content coverage, digital-broadcast coordination, and social listening
• Use digital and social analytics to inform editorial decisions
• Assist reporters and anchors in the creation of native social content
• Implement best practices on DC News Now digital and social media platforms
• Ensure newsroom upholds journalistic integrity and the DC News Now brand across platforms
Requirements & Skills:
• Minimum 2 years experience in digital content production preferred
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects effectively under deadline pressure
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organization and time management capabilities
• High standard of professionalism and accuracy
• Audience-focused, solution-oriented approach
• Positive outlook and enjoyment working in a team environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re2vn2-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.