WCVB is seeking a News Administrative Assistant to support the News Director and other newsroom personnel in meeting the administrative needs of the News Department. This individual is a key member of the news team charged with ensuring the department operates smoothly from an administrative standpoint. This person also will serve as a liaison to other Station departments. The ideal candidate must possess excellent and positive communications skills and interact well with others. Trustworthiness is a key trait as this individual will be exposed to highly confidential information.
Assist the News Director with administrative support for the station's daily operations including but not limited to the following:
• Take part in recruiting and onboarding new hires; provide training for new hires in various systems including ADP, Concur and When 2 Work
• Screen viewer emails, comment line and phone calls
• Enthusiastically communicate various station and companywide opportunities and initiatives
• Liaison between News Department and all other WCVB-TV departments
• Assist newsroom supervisors with weekly ADP timecard approvals and submissions
• Review and distribute electronic schedules as necessary
• Make travel arrangements and prepare expense reports for news managers
• Oversee scheduling of news planning meetings
• Oversee ordering and delivery of office supplies for News Department
• Provide administrative support when needed to other departments and projects
• Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the position
• Be a strong team player, take initiative, and be an enthusiastic go-to person
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be detail-oriented, a quick learner, and self-starter
• Must be organized and able to multitask
• Maintain a professional and positive attitude
• 1-2 years working in a fast-paced office environment
• Proficient in MS Office; Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Minimum of a High School diploma
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpjwyo-34-239-177-24-42 in your application.