WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a UI Programmer – a talented, hard-working, and creative individual who is self-motivated, process-driven, and who has a passion for developing user interfaces for video games using a variety of technologies.
Leveraging existing and ever evolving WB Games Montreal technologies, the role of Software Engineer, UI is to conceive, design, document, and implement user interfaces for WB Games Montreal games. This person will work with other programmers, designers and artists to create exceptional experiences for the players of WB Games Montreal's games.
• Develop wireframes, and other documentation as necessary to communicate UI designs.
• Work with Art, Game Design, Gameplay and Presentation Design teams to craft API specifications and prototypes for User Interfaces within games.
• Work with artists to give them flexible solutions to implement their designs into the final product.
• Participate in regular, hands-on interaction with producers, designers and programmers to ensure that the concepts and content of assigned UI implementations meet design requirements.
• Learn and utilize both industry standard and proprietary WB Games tools and technologies to implement user interfaces in game.
• Understand and debug existing UI code, as well as suggest and develop improvements.
• Provide constructive feedback on interface usability and design.
• Work with other UI Team members to develop and refine interface design and implementation processes.
• Assist in the creation of test plans for exercising User Interfaces working closely with WB Games Montreal Quality Assurance Team.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
• A minimum of 5 years of professional programming experience.
• 3+ years front-end experience working with user interfaces with an eye towards usability and accessibility.
• Solid knowledge of C++.
• Strong object-oriented programming skills.
• Ability to demonstrate an ability to layout and animate dynamic content.
• Ability to clearly communicate designs and ideas to other company members, both technical and non-technical.
• Familiarity with Video Game Interface Design Concepts.
• Maintain an exceptional knowledge of the appropriate programming languages and a fundamental grasp of the technical architecture of their project and domain.
• Previous video game development experience.
• 2 or more years of experience with Unreal Engine 4 a definite plus.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Bachelor's Degrees (or above) in CS, Engineering, or a reasonable equivalent thereof.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33om4-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.