Narrative Systems Designer
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. seeks a Submissions Specialist for the Sale & Distribution team.
The Submissions Specialist will work closely with First Party, Global Rating Boards, Production, Development, and Marketing teams to track, communicate, and execute against the Operations Submission Calendar and the Game Ratings Calendar to meet the needs and requirements of all relevant groups. Ensuring that all Submissions for AAA titles, Metadata, DLC's, Themes, Game Ratings, and Digital Store fronts are accurate, functioning and presented in AAA fashion.
This role will manage the day-to-day submissions to First Party: Xbox, Sony, Nintendo, Stadia, Steam, and Epic Games Store. Interface directly with all First Party digital portals including but not limited to GEMS, NCMS, MPC, TPR, etc. Perform ratings content reviews in support of the ratings specialist as needed, generating feedback on the age appropriateness of game content to, provide guidance to development teams as well as to facilitate submissions to Global Ratings Boards: ESRB, PEGI, USK, etc. Support all submissions with the creation and gathering of supplementary documentation and/or ratings B-Roll footage as required.
• Ensure that day-to-day submission tasks are completed in a timely manner and to WBIE's quality standards.
• Submit all physical and digital game code patches, game ratings, title updates, avatars, dynamic themes, and all meta-data.
• Work closely with Production, Marketing, PR, Legal, and QA to facilitate and execute all scheduled game submissions globally (N. America, Europe and Asia).
• Help define and establish best practices to reduce submission timeframes and ensuring error free submissions.
• Coordinate, review, and submit metadata.
• Work closely with Brand Marketing, Channel Marketing, and external vendors to ensure Ops receives all metadata components on time and all specs are accurate prior to metadata submission to First Party.
• Work closely with the Ratings Specialist to evaluate in-game content on all platforms, for age appropriateness and adherence to regional rating board requirements.
• Create and submit supplementary ratings documentation, art assets, and in-game B-Roll as requested/needed by the Ratings Specialist.
• Work directly with WBIE Manager and the EMEA team on game release schedules, and help determine optimal operational dates to successfully meet product release dates.
• Own all the digital file transfers to First Party and the creation of all supporting documentation including but not limited to, physical code, digital code, ratings, patches, title updates, avatars, dynamic themes, and all meta-data etc.
• At least 2 years of game, multimedia or software industry experience
• Experience working in the video game industry
• Proficiency of Microsoft Office suite (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT, etc)
• Experience working with global teams and various time zones around the world
• Experience working in a fast paced environment with competing priorities
• Understanding of game production operations
• Trustworthy and able to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Team player
• Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication
• A quick study with new software/tool suites is essential
• Must be self-motivated, results-oriented and proactive
• Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Prior QA experience and high attention to detail
• Knowledge of First Party Portals
• Relationship with any 3rd Party Publishing account management at First Party
• Experience with console and PC video game platforms, including master disk/certification standards, digital submission processes.
• Experience with metadata requirements and usage
• Ability to coordinate, review, and submit metadata big plus
• Ability to play through games with minimal instruction to access all content, navigating through buggy game builds, utilizing debug, etc.
• Familiarity with Adobe photoshop and/or Adobe Premiere a plus
• Familiarity with development hardware and software setup