Gameplay Backend Programmer
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios' biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames .
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Rendering Programmer to work on core rendering technology for its newest games. As a programmer in the rendering team, you will help us further extend and innovate key visual technology for our games. You will also potentially contribute and interact with a wide variety of engine technology, including memory management, optimization, tools, multithreading and more.
We are looking for talented, self-motivated individuals with the capability and drive to build innovative graphics technology for current-generation platforms. We also want passionate, creative, communicative and committed people with a strong desire to explore and master new areas of real-time rendering. We also encourage our employees to be involved and driven, and in return we provide great individual freedom and autonomy, and true influence.
• In collaboration with artists, research and design you will be responsible for implementing, optimizing and maintaining rendering features.
• For optimizing systems: CPU, GPU, framerate, memory usage and load-times
• Working with content creators to help refine their workflows
• Identify problems and create solutions
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
• 7+ years game industry or related programming experience.
• Strong knowledge of several real-time rendering topics (lighting, shading, shadows, global illumination, post-processing, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of PC, SONY Playstation 4 and Microsoft XboxOne development.
• Knowledge of Graphics APIs (DirectX 11/12, Consoles) and Graphics Pipelines
• Experience researching, developing & optimizing rendering techniques & systems on multiple platforms
• Technical demo or publication(s) are a plus.
• Experience with a wide variety of engine technology, including memory management, streaming, rendering, animation, editors, build tools, and more.
• Must be able to work closely with artists and other programmers to develop compelling technology that enables innovative game systems and features.
• Ability to architect, program and optimize C/C++ in existing or new systems, and with a focus on one or more game related specialties.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• B.S. in computer science, computer engineering or other relevant field.
• Excellent C/C++ understanding and skills, with the ability to write highly efficient and optimized code.
• Great ability to quickly debug problems and identify solutions
• Extensive experience working on AAA console titles.
• A passion for video games.
• Strong desire to build industry-leading technology.
• Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging and strong communications skills.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.