WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Gameplay Animation Programmer to work with its game development team responsible for a new IP, AAA title.
As a Senior Gameplay Animation programmer, this individual will design, develop, maintain, and optimize cross-platform Gameplay systems and algorithms with specific 3Cs/Animation components, examples of which include NPC behaviors, character controllers, IK, facial animation.
• Design, develop, maintain and debug efficient Gameplay/animation systems
• Work with gameplay engineers, game designers and tech animators to integrate and use the developed systems
• Gather requirements from game and level designers and document the systems
• Identify and implement efficient Gameplay/Animation systems and algorithms
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
• 6+ years of software development experience in the game industry.
• 6+ years of experience with C/C++.
• Experience developing for Xbox One and/or PS4
• Experience with advanced animation techs (FK/IK, animation graphs, powered ragdolls, …)
• Relevant experience with Unreal Engine 4 is a plus
• Procedural animation experience is a plus
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Minimum of B.S. in Computer Science or related field
• Strong knowledge of 3D maths
• Good grasp of animation techs
• Good grasp of gameplay systems (AI, pathfinding, character controllers, etc)
• Good grasp of multithreading challenges
• Good communication skills.
• Experience debugging large systems.
• Experience with large-scale console games programming at all stages of the life cycle
• Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
• Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver.
• Strong code architecture and design skills.
• Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators in an open, team environment
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvk3zj-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.