Senior Gameplay Systems Programmer
WB Games Montreal, a branch of WBIE is looking for a senior programmer for its Gameplay/IA team. As a member of the gameplay team, he/she will work closely with the game design, level design, art and animation teams to develop and maintain new features and level design tools that will shape the game experience. Strong communication skills and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team are essential. We are looking for talented, self-starters who have the ability and motivation to work across a wide variety of systems, including AI behaviors, story tools, character animation, camera systems and player controls.
• Design, write and, maintain game systems that meet all design, technical and time requirements.
• Work closely with the technical and QA departments to ensure the stability and accuracy of the game systems by identifying, communicating, and repairing anomalies.
• Collaborate with game designers, level designers, artists and animators to find solutions that will meet design and content requirements.
• Work with your supervisor to build and maintain realistic schedules and identify dependencies.
• At least 7 years of programming experience in the game industry
• Extensive development knowledge for PC, Xbox One and PS4
• Ability to work closely with diverse teammates to develop compelling technology that enables innovation in game systems and features.
• Ability to design, program, and optimize C++ in existing or new systems, focusing on one or more game specialties.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
• Proficiency in C/C++
• Superior AI experience and game engineering experience
• Excellent error correction and optimization skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong mathematical skills
• Knowledge of navigation algorithms and path finding
• Experience with Unreal Engine is an asset
• Passion for video games
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Strong desire to build and maintain robust and innovative software
• Accuracy and autonomy
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.