Gameplay Backend Programmer
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Gameplay Camera Designer to work on our AAA console game.
The Camera Designer, working under the Animation Director and/or the Game Director, will be responsible to design, implement and fine-tune the gameplay combat cameras to ensure a smooth and seamless player experience through a rich and epic narrative experience. A successful Camera Designer will be able to collaborate with animators, programmers and other designers to create tools and camera solutions to create a dynamic and living world.
• Coordinate directly with representatives of multiple departments to design and implement an efficient pipeline for in-game combat cameras production;
• Create compelling combat cameras inside the game engine, in collaboration with designers and animators;
• Balance quality with efficiency when working under tight deadlines.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
• Minimum of 3 years' game development experience on AAA titles.
• Experienced with cinematic production or camera design.
• Experienced with character and camera animation in 3D software
• Ability to work under fast iteration / prototype processes.
• Unreal 4.
• Motion Builder
• Nice to have: Experienced with a Virtual camera process.
• Nice to have: Knowledge of programming languages at a scripting level.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• College Diploma in game-oriented 3D animation techniques or other equivalent training.
• Strong sense of composition, timing and editing
• Ability to work well within a team environment.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Current on industry trends as it relates to modern game design and level design concepts.
• Ability to work closely with all project disciplines to ensure clear communication, troubleshooting and efficiency.
• Solid understanding of game art and processes to help in the development of workflow schedules and prioritization
• Capacity to ramp up quickly with custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real time engine constraints and programming demands
• Communicate transparently across all levels of the organization to ensure alignment on goals.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.