SUMMARY OF POSITION:
WB Games Montréal, a division on Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Quality Assurance Software Developer. The QA Software Developer creates and maintains software systems which support the testing and development of blockbuster games released under the WB Games brand.
• Design and develop features for one of the most powerful videogame test automation systems.
• Support games being developed around the world, across multiple WB studios.
• Join a team of five developers, plus dedicated QA.
• Develop a variety of applications across architectural layers : UI, web and windows services, and database.
• Design and build automated / back-end solutions that communicate with latest consoles (PS4, XboxOne, Nintendo Switch) for a multitude of game projects
• Develop web based and desktop UI/Dashboard and custom web services
• Contribute to the design and development of SQL Databases
• Work primarily in a Microsoft Ecosystem (Visual Studio, .NET, C#, C++ , MVC, MSSQL)
• Working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 or similar game engines.
• Design, develop and maintain software systems and web services, including automated/back-end applications (75% of the time)
• Participate in Code Review with other members of the QA Development team and shares knowledge of best practices and coding standards (15% of the time)
• Document, communicate and train the QA staff or any other stakeholder on the tools developed (5% of the time)
• Perform other tasks needed to support the QA department (5% of the time)
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
• 1-3 years video game and/or software development experience.
• 1-3 years experience with C#.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• B.S. in Computer Science or other relevant field.
• Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle in general and video-games in particular.
• Experience with development best practices such as source control, continuous integration, unit testing, design patterns and agile development methodologies (Agile/Scrum)
• Solid background developing .NET applications (.NET 4.x +) in C# including distributed systems, windows services, client/server system, multithreaded systems.
• Working knowledge on front-end technology (ASP.Net MVC, Entity Framework, HTML5/CSS3, WPF).
• Knowledge of SQL Database design and implementation.
• Ability to design and write efficient and robust distributed back-end applications used on an automated system.
• Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of video game development industry.
Nice To Have
• Experience developing automated / back-end solutions.
• Knowledge of C++
• Knowledge of Unreal engine / scripting.
• Experience developing/testing for Xbox or Sony AAA titles
• Technologies/Platforms – Web services, SOAP, XML, JQUERY, JSON, RESTFul interfaces, scripting langage (PowerShell, Batch, Python)
• Usage of source control repository (Perforce).
• Knowledge of the different test tools of the market (Jira).
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22j77-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.