Avalanche a division of WB Games, Inc., is looking for an Advanced Writer for their Story department. Join the team working on the upcoming game Hogwarts Legacy, a new open world, action RPG set in the Wizarding World.
We are looking for a talented storyteller with a deep understanding of the wizarding world. Applicants should be creative, self-motivated problem solvers who enjoy collaborating with other writers and designers to create an immersive game narrative. If this is you, send us your resume and writing samples for consideration.
• Take the lead with the story and design team to develop compelling narratives.
• Provide British authenticity to the tone of the project.
• Research and play similar games to keep current on gaming trends.
• Resolve issues, take action, provide feedback and modify work based on direction from both the internal team and franchise representatives.
• Review product as necessary to help maintain on-brand messaging.
• Work with the cinematics team to keep the visual storytelling authentic and accurate.
• Oversee the daily work of assigned staff.
• Prioritize and assign narrative tasks to staff.
• Provide editorial on dialogue and on-screen text, including proper spelling, punctuation and grammatical structure.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or 8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced storyteller and writer, with a special emphasis on narrative writing dialogue preferably in console games.
• Work that shows an advanced understanding of gaming narrative and branching storytelling, particularly in the realm of RPGs.
• Expertise in Microsoft Excel a plus.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Knowledge of the game making process.
• Ability to perform well under pressure and deliver work in a timely manner.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Strong belief in a Team-based approach.
• 5+ years of relevant game production/complex writing experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3570-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.