WAVY/WVBT, Nexstar owned television stations is currently seeking Sales Assistant. The successful candidate will work to directly support station sales operations. We are looking for someone who is organized, detail-oriented and motivated. The Sales Assistant works within established Sales Department guidelines to maximize station revenue opportunities from an order entry, television commercial, and accounting perspective. The Sales assistant is also responsible for performing all clerical functions required by department personnel as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs all clerical functions for the Sales Department
• Maintains awareness of the most current policies, practices, and procedures for television commercials.
• Enters order and accounting data using computers, ledgers, orders, and other resources
• Corresponds with customers and confers with coworkers to answer inquiries and resolve account problems
• Prepares forms and reports
• Monitors television commercial inventory
• Maintains files and other business records
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• High School diploma
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum one year's experience in clerical support or administrative assistance, preferably in the sales or media fields
• Prior Wide Orbit experience a plus
• Proficiency with computers. telephones, copiers, and scanners.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Sales Assistant must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
To be considered for this position you must complete the online application at
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7p3wk-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.