Job Title: Senior Data Analyst, ADA
A little bit about our team:
ADA is the world's leading distributor of independent music. We strive to be a valuable partner to our label clients, guiding them to success across the commercial and marketing space, as well as providing a suite of label services from publicity to radio promotion. We work globally to deliver high-impact opportunities and work to ensure reliable and visible content pipelines around the world.
As ADA's first dedicated analyst, you will be instrumental in modernizing the way we work and unlocking the power of our staff's expertise to help us scale globally. You will report central to the Chief of Staff, and work with various data tools and support teams to bring data into the fabric of day-to-day operations.
Why this could be your next big break:
This is a global role that will sit within the central team but work across multiple verticals to solve problems, bring value, and implement processes in equal measure. You will get the chance to provide opportunities and strategy recommendations to our label partners, dig into unfamiliar data sets, and implement processes where none previously existed. You will get to be the translator between data and our business stakeholders, providing invaluable perspective on our growing business.
Here you'll get to:
• Work with the executive, commercial, and marketing teams to provide reporting, tools, and ad-hoc analyses that support a distribution business
• Provide high-touch analyses to our label partners, identifying commercial strategies and opportunities, with a focus on actionable recommendations
• Work with business stakeholders to create effective partner insights reviews to educate our internal teams and our label partners
• Liaise with BI tool developers to create dashboards that provide clear and valuable takeaways for business users
• Liaise with the data science and analytics team to take advantage of advanced modeling and workflows
• Train external users, and in some cases label partners on data tools and dashboards
• Solicit feedback and synthesize requirements to accurately prioritize requests and provide timely deliverables to business users
• You have 2-3 years experience as a data analyst, with a focus on actionable insights and creative analyses
• You are comfortable creating a data narrative with compelling visualizations and actionable takeaways
• You have demonstrably strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability; portfolio of relevant work appreciated
• You are SQL proficient, with a comfortability navigating relational databases
• You have expertise with at least one BI tool such as Tableau, Looker, or similar
• Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources
• You enjoy being an independent operator who can employ critical thinking and problem solving, but knows how to use the resources at their disposal to get the job done
• You are relentlessly curious about what insights exist within large data sets, and the ability to communicate those insights to a non-technical audience
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A passion for music, with a working knowledge of the current consumption landscape
• Experience working in the music distribution space
• Experience working with Data Science frameworks
• Working knowledge of Python and/or R a big plus
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7nzmq-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.