Legal Assistant, Intellectual Property
New York, NY
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: People Team Coordinator
A little bit about our team:
Our People Team partners with and provides support to employees within Warner-Elektra-Atlantic (WEA) and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) and their divisions for all areas including organizational development, performance management, learning and development, employee relations, as well as general human resources support.
Here you'll get to:
• Provide administrative support to the Senior Vice President, People Team with calendar management, phones, invoices, expense processing, and travel needs
• Participate in and assist the greater People Team with HR Initiatives and Learning & Development opportunities based on the needs of the business/teams
• Train employees on the use of Workday and other inter-company related systems, assist in the design and roll-out of developmental and programmatic training as needed.
• Be the first point of contact for new hires and employees. Provide information and guidance, or escalate inquires as appropriate. Maintain confidentiality of all information as appropriate.
• Conduct new hire orientation and create a seamless and exciting on-boarding experience for all new hires
• Update and maintain Workday employee data with accuracy (you will spend a great deal of time in Workday)
• Partner with clients on our Student Programs, Emerging Talent (Internship) and College Rep Program
• Collaborate with the Talent, Comp & Benefits and People Tech teams on current and future people initiatives
• Conduct exit interviews and manage the exiting process for all departing employees
• Work with the team on employee relations matters
• Work on ad-hoc reporting, research, org charts, presentations, audits, and projects
• Maintain HR files and databases
• Prepare and analyze reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company
• Perform any other duties and tasks related to the Department's role and responsibilities that might be assigned.
• You will take a proactive approach on updates and communication
• You will take a methodical, detail-oriented, and thorough approach to work
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• You are results-oriented, have strong execution and follow-up skills
• You have high organization, multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• You have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• You have accountability, critical thinking skills, and confidence when presenting ideas
• You have high emotional intelligence, and exercise sound judgment when dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
• You must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with many different personalities
• You must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 2 years of experience in Human Resources
• Ability to forge outstanding working relationships across a large team
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business or related field
• Experience in working with the Workday system and/or other HRIS systems
• Experience managing large sets of data
• Strong project management skills
• Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel (v-look ups, pivot tables)
• Experience with creative writing or marketing a plus
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.