Media Relations Coordinator
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Label Manager
A little bit about our team:
The Marketing Department is responsible for developing comprehensive strategies for marketing our artists as well as coordinating all efforts (internally and with outside parties) on all projects. Establish and implement Marketing Strategies for our roster in order to take them to another level, focus on a cost-effective philosophy and explore different platforms to monetize our content.
Why this could be your next big break:
Reports to Marketing VP, The Label Manager is responsible for assisting with the planning and execution of the projects (artists release campaigns) assigned to him/her, throughout the project lifecycle. This position is responsible for the follow-up and day to day interaction with the other internal areas (Radio, TV and press promotion, Sales, New Media and Digital, Accounting), as well as external contacts such as artists' management offices and other Warner Music offices.
Here you'll get to:
• Assure the opportune inclusion of his/her projects in the Release Schedule & New Release Guide Timeline (WEA Corp) for the required date.
• According to the assigned repertoire, check the Release Schedule from other countries periodically, to confirm that we don't miss any interesting projects for this territory.
• Send to the Production Dept. the label copy & UPC information for any international release to be scheduled, or the complete track listing information if the product is generated locally.
• Send to the Production Dept. the production parts for each project to be released.
• In combination with the Marketing VP, define the strategy and roadmap for each of the projects. Create the marketing plan accordingly.
• New Media checklist – provide the info/material specified in that list, to assure that each of the projects meet the minimum requirements to get an efficient coverage of the digital and new media opportunities (acoustic versions, alternative versions, celebrity playlists, clearance for digital sales, etc.)
• Assist to get the marketing and promotional tools needed for each project (bio, press releases, photos, alt versions, TV tracks, videos, EPKs, phoners, promo visits, etc) from the repertoire owners (or assist in generating locally).
• Assist to Plan promo visits according to promotional needs or special events, in conjunction with the local promoters, publicists, Sales and New Media. Coordinate travel logistics for the artist, as well as any promotional needs for the execution of the plan.
• Keep constant communication and information exchange with each of the artist's management offices (for domestic artists) or with the international offices (for international repertoire).
• Check the Soundscan and Sales figures weekly, and also keep an eye on the international sales charts periodically.
• Check the local radio charts weekly, as well as international charts as a reference.
• Elaborate and distribute charts, press releases and any important info to promotors, publicists and Sales to keep everyone informed on each project.
• In partnership with the Marketing VP, seek and try to close any business opportunity as partnerships, new businesses or alternative marketing deals for the projects.
• Administration of the assigned budget (monthly and quarterly) for each of the projects.
• Bachelors Degree strongly preferred
• Minimum 4+ years of experience in the music/entertainment industry
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish are a must
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to delegate, to work under pressure, to communicate effectively and meet deadlines
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Outgoing personality and ability to pitch media both verbally and in writing
• Knowledge of press and TV media and music landscape
• Experience in writing press releases and assembling press materials
• Ability to create promotional plans for each artist and execute on those plans
• Must be able to develop and produce press conferences and events
• Passion and strong understanding for music and pop/urban culture
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71kx9-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.