Senior Director, Marketing & Label Management
Warner Music Group
New York, NY
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Senior Director, Audience Targeting
A little bit about our team:
The Research + Analysis department works to influence WMG's strategy and optimize day-to-day operations through data and insights. This position sits at R+A's NYC office, working with data scientists, affiliates/labels, international teams, and Business Development to understand the trends, patterns & dynamics – the audiences – that enjoy WMG's music. This person in this role will be WMG's expert in audience characteristics and deeply understand how our fan segments interact and explore our music. The person in this role will: help to establish best practices for curating and encouraging resonant consumption of WMG's catalog repertoire & breaking hits; gauge the impact of marketing initiatives and campaigns upon audience segments; be the subject matter guide to understanding listener behavior.
Why this could be your next big break:
Data is the lifeblood of today's record business, and in this role you'll get a chance to apply your creativity and problem-solving skills to data to help our labels and artists connect with, create & cultivate fans. The R+A team works closely with labels across the globe, you will have the opportunity to see and influence the decision-making of an international record label. We're a collaborative team that loves learning new things, sharing ideas, thinking about and defining the future of the music industry. We'll help lead our company there.
Here you'll get to:
• Develop new forecasting and prediction tools based on concatenation and compilation of audience segmentation data and a dictionary of audience-to-content insight.
• Establish survey, stratification & vendor data ingestion best practices; guide analysis into action and results.
• Create panel and longitudinal data sources for inference between audience characteristics and short and long-term listening behaviors.
• Develop new hypothesis testing and decision making for real-time assessment of audience viewing patterns and performance of music delivery streams.
• Handle various ad hoc requests and projects.
• Interact with data engineering teams to identify the data needs stable and persistent audience/population comprehension.
• Doctoral degree with 3-5 years of work experience or commensurate in Economics, Econometrics, Sociology, Survey Research, Statistics, Quantitative Finance, Mathematics or similar
• Proficiency in several of SPSS, SAS, R, Python, SQL, Stan, Julia
• A results-oriented mind-set with strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively (orally and in writing)
• Strong organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Hands-on experience directing survey research, socioeconomic data science teams
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.