Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
Creative department responsible for both finding and developing musical artists to sign as well as producing artists and driving creative content for all forms of media.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to) managing all administrative aspects of work for both an EVP and an SVP of A&R, as well as more detailed project management and independent projects on various levels. Requires an intelligent, flexible, proactive, organized and independent person who is willing to engage in typical administrative/clerical duties as well as more complex project work related to all aspects of the record-making process
Here you'll get to:
• Provide administrative and office support activities for A&R executives including but not limited to:
• Answer and screen telephone calls and receive and direct visitors
• Coordinate calendars, scheduling and meeting logistics
• Prepare written correspondence and communicate internally and to third parties (producers, artist managers, lawyers, etc)
• Coordinate travel for executive and artists
• Process and track T&E expenses
• Process packages and mail
• Book studio time (production, mixing, mastering)
• Log and respond to demo submissions
• Compile, manage and keep track of all music (demos, roughs, mixes, etc.) in Box or other appropriate systems
• Attend artist team meetings with managers and internal label staff
• Assemble all copy and credits for album releases
• Use online tools such as Mediabase, Soundscan, and BDS to research and analyze data on signed and unsigned artists.
• Liaise with A&R administration to coordinate delivery of mixes and masters as well as manage payment of invoices and studio sessions.
• File audio content and artist info (lyrics, credits, tour schedules, etc)
• Oversee general office supplies (office supplies, drinks, cd stock, etc)
• Organize and attend shows and showcases of both signed and unsigned artists
• Coordinate recording sessions, writing sessions and writing camps and related travel
• Other duties as assigned
• 0 - 2 years of creative experience
• Strong understanding of recording, production and creative side of business
• General knowledge of key industry players and familiarity with all music
• Work independently and take initiative
• Excellent verbal and written communication and inter-personal skills
• Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
• Handle confidential matters appropriately and with discretion
• Strong attention to detail
• Multi-task: prioritize with appropriate sense of urgency
• Ability to pinpoint problems and identify solutions
• Professionally interface with all levels of the organization, clients and vendors
• Accurate filing and maintenance of music
• Experience or working knowledge of music industry
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Undergraduate degree
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxo3kj-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.