Talent Leader (Digital)
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection.
At WarnerMedia we believe in authentic, meaningful connection-to each other, to culture, and to our consumer. That's why we empower fearless storytellers who bring our world into focus-and create cultural touchstones with the power to draw us together.
We believe fans and brands deserve more relevant, engaging advertising experiences. That's why across our iconic portfolio, we're tapping an unrivaled mix of data, insights, and technology to build smarter, more meaningful ways for brands to connect.
We believe creative talent and partners deserve freedom, support, and more opportunities for lasting cultural impact. That's why we provide the widest canvas of premium brands, platforms, and formats for their stories to shine and break through.
A diversity of voices, perspectives, and experience is critical to our business, our content, and a culture of innovation. That's why we're building a more inclusive home for world-class talent of all backgrounds-and clearing new paths to grow within and across our brands.
CNN Digital is the world leader in online news and information and seeks to inform, engage and empower the world. Staffed 24 hours, seven days a week by a dedicated team in CNN bureaus around the world, CNN's digital platforms deliver news from almost 4,000 journalists in every corner of the globe. CNN has held the #1 ranking for US unique visitors for five consecutive years, with more unique visitors coming to CNN than any other news platform for 60 months running. According to Comscore's latest data from May 2021, CNN saw 135 million unique US multiplatform visitors. CNN was the only domestic news brand with over 100 million unique US multiplatform visitors in May.
Our mission is - To Inform, Engage and Empower the World
As part of Warner Medias ongoing priorities for world class streaming products across Entertainment, Interactive and News and building of the huge success around HBO MAX, CNN Digital will launch a global branded subscription streaming service.
CNN is looking for a Vice President of HR for CNN Digital.
The successful candidate will lead a talented HR team that is respected for their competency in HR as well as business acumen. A positive self-starter who can think strategically about big picture business goals as well as tactically execute a full range of HR and cultural initiatives. In this dynamic culture built around news & storytelling, the role will serve as primary partner to the leadership and the liaison with the broader HR community of WarnerMedia. Candidates for this position should be innovative, solution-driven, analytical, collaborative, able to engage with colleagues across level, location, and discipline.
Capable of effectively working in a fast-paced creative environment, bringing an energy and enthusiasm to the function, founded in sound strategy.
• They will act as a key strategic advisor and business partner to the EVP Chief Digital Officer, the CNN Digital executive team and the HR lead for CNN Globally.
• Develop, lead, and shape a wide range of HR initiatives that support CNN Digital globally and their key strategic priority around a work class direct to consumer product.
• Ensure that CNN's workforce-including their current and future leaders – are high performing, motivated and continually improving itself, refining business objectives through the lens of HR and talent management
• Oversee complex ER matters and the execution of annual HR processes. Put into practice the ongoing re-evaluation of HR strategies and best practices to develop high-functioning business units across the company
• Coach senior leaders to actively manage change and improve organizational effectiveness through workforce strategy, organizational design, and talent planning
• Communicate across leadership as well as the organization with a focus on employee experience and engagement
• Attract, retain, develop, and engage a highly proficient geographically dispersed HR team to support the global footprin
• Foster a culture of inclusiveness, openness, and honesty within the organization along with championing organizational values and diversity
• Work with the executive team to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the objectives of the company. Provide support to department leaders, offering feedback and advice on employee and organizational issues
• A minimum of 15 years of talent/HR leadership experience with sophisticated and progressive global human resources organizations
• Media, production or entertainment/ news experience highly desirable but ideal candidate will have deep experience and success in leading a dynamic HR team in a digital / tech / product / platform company
• An executive committed to constantly refining and improving all areas of the organization
• Innovative thinker who can respectfully challenge and build on the ideas of peers
• Kind, compassionate and leads with confidence, honesty and integrity
• Expert Listener & Communicator: Ability to understand the needs of a variety of constituents and deliver information and insights quickly with appropriate details and correct pitch/tone for the audience
• High executive presence with the ability to exert influence within the organization by clearly expressing goals and initiatives that garner buy-in and enthusiasm
• Demonstrated ability to apply HR knowledge to resolve complex business challenges
• Ability to deliver results, providing day-to-day support in a dynamic environment - role is both strategic and hands on
• Ability to adapt quickly to a competitive and changing business landscape. Must understand how to focus the organization on planning for tomorrow, not only on executing today
• Ability to pull from a variety of backgrounds including HRBP, OD, talent strategy, HR COEs and the business
• A bachelor's degree or requisite experience
WarnerMedia intends to attract a superior and world-class Vice President of HR for CNN Digital and is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwnexy-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.