Senior QA Analyst, Automation
The Development QA (DevQA) Supervisor is responsible for overseeing DevQA activities for our AAA games project across all platforms. In this role you will work closely with Producers, Directors, Leads, Testers, Programmers and other team members within the organization to create and maintain a complete test and support process for the game and the development team. You will also act as the link with the Publishing QA (FQA) team. In addition, you will be responsible for hiring, training, supervising, scheduling, and monitoring the activities of all DevQA employees under your responsibility.
• Tests and oversees the testing of the game and development tools for ease of use, stability, reliability, consistency, absence of product defects and compliance.
• Supports production by giving maximum visibility on the current status of the game through dashboards and clear reporting.
• Establishes testing methodologies and procedures for their team.
• Ensures the build integrity and stability of User Tests and Milestones builds.
• Divides and distributes mandates across the various DevQA sub-groups to ensure optimal coverage of all areas of the game and development tools.
• Coordinates with the leadership of the FQA team, providing them with the proper documentation, onboarding information and necessary support.
• Jira Issues Management (Dashboards & Triage) for Milestone Targets.
• Ensures the Confluence Knowledge Center of the project is complete and up to date.
• Manages, mentors and evaluates the DevQA Leads
• Mentors dev QA team members to build expertise and ownership of specific subject matters
• Advises production on ramp up needs for Dev QA.
• Manages Human Resources, UMP Transfers, Distribution Lists, DevQA Groups and Project Access.
• Tracks, Reports and Manages DevQA Team Performance.
• Interviews DevQA Candidates and oversees the on-boarding of new DevQA team members.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
• 5+ years of QA leadership experience within the video games field.
• 2+ fully shipped AAA titles.
• Experience in Development QA, a strong asset
• Proven leadership skills. Able to communicate effectively verbally and through documentation.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Project Management (MBA/PMP) or equivalent training or experience.
• In-depth understanding of the product development cycle (overall organization, processes and workflows).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent understanding of PC and console game testing.
• Ability to create solid test plans and strategies.
• Strong Experience with Jira and Confluence.
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Online/internet skills.
• Good knowledge of development engines (Unreal Engine), source control (Perforce) and integrated development environments (Visual Studio).
• Good understanding of all production phases from conception to live.
• Strong hiring and performance management skills.
• Ability to review and evaluate the work product, technique and skills of team members and provide clear, constructive, helpful feedback targeted at improving outcomes and skillsets.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11ene-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.