The Content Servicing Specialist supports distribution and servicing of assets (digital files, metadata and artwork) to key clients; per regular release schedules and ad-hoc requests. Utilizes various internal systems to enable automated mechanisms for delivery of metadata/artwork, video content and other assets either in a packaged/consolidated manner with main content or in an ad-hoc manner. Specializes in and exhibits expertise in servicing high end clients, new media formats and/or highly complicated delivery workflows. Contributes insight, experience, and continuous improvement suggestions as a vital part of the supply chain overseeing delivery of content distributed for use by downstream parties. Provides tracking and status updates on deliveries. Maintain collaborative relationships and coordinate across Tech Ops, Servicing Vendors and business teams (Sales/Marketing), ultimately understanding the business' release strategy and top priority titles on a regular basis. Provides guidance and training for other staff as system Power User, Process Owner or subject matter expert. Participates in system training sessions, User Acceptance Testing processes and other test processes. The position requires an extremely high degree of speed and accuracy. Requires the ability to multi-task across several systems that are not integrated. Requires timely follow up and follow through to ensure delivery completion to end client. Requires keen knowledge of content delivery technology, best practices, packaging requirements for component based deliveries, and standard operating procedures.
Coordinates delivery of packaged assets (video content, subtitle files and ancillary metadata/artwork, etc.) as required for specialized client requirements. Use technical knowledge for order management including order fulfillment coordination following the process from end-to-end to ensure complete and timely delivery to the end client. Includes timely manual updates of delivery status on non-integrated orders.
Places orders with the appropriate vendors (internal and external) to expedite content reformatting, technical edits and delivery. Orders must be accurate, timely and placed with urgency as determined by various business and internal parameters. This includes order maintenance to reflect any changes that are required.
Use technical knowledge to research the appropriate asset sources to be used in content fulfillment activities.
Participates in system update, UAT or new system rollouts as Power User, Process owner or subject matter expert. Provides training technical expertise and guidance to other staff in new or updated systems.
Identifies areas for process improvement with a focus on driving out non-value added activities.
Participates in cross-functional initiatives or other related programs to provide subject matter input, technical knowledge and advice.
Works cross-divisionally and in association with other business units to provide inputs into deadlines, demand volumes and capacity planning.
Properly escalates content delivery and technical issues that require an elevated or accelerated review by management.
• College degree or a minimum of 4 years related experience.
• 3-5 years work experience related to content delivery and supply chain logistics (internet, PC, set top box, mobile, EST/VOD, broadcast, etc.)
• Knowledge of/familiarity with:
• Video compression technology, applications, and codecs
• Framerates, video bitrates, audio specs
• Digital delivery mechanisms
• Subtitles and closed captioning formats
• Metadata/Artwork requirements, specifications and characteristics
• Media formats (UHD, VR, AR, etc)
• Complex packaging methods (MMC, MEC, XML)
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, as well as with clients/vendors (in person, telephone, written).
• Must be able to work collaboratively and exhibit a high degree of teamwork despite tight timeframes and a high pressure environment.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0mn71-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.