The Senior QA Analyst, Automation is primarily responsible for supporting automation activities for Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) products across all platforms. They work closely with QA Developers, FQA leads, and other team members within the organization. The Senior QA Analyst, Automation is responsible for all automated test requests, and automatic reports for product visibility across various teams.
• Create, maintain and support automation scripts using our in-house automation system; which can be built using a scripting language (Python) or UE4 visual scripting (Blueprints).
• Help develop Tools & Automation processes by working closely with the Production and QA Development team members. Also, implement and enforce them across their assigned WB Games projects.
• Work with QA Development Team to design & suggest features or tools that connect, enhance or aid Testing.
• Provide valuable and meaningful data and information to the internal and external partners to help launch products at the desired quality level.
• Follow closely the progress of their assigned Automation mandates with frequent reviews involving, functional QA (FQA), Production and QA Development partners. Be flexible and adapt to changes. Collaborate with them to resolve issues and difficulties.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
As part of the QA Automation team, you will be responsible for:
• Gather requirements and write design of automation targets on a variety of games developed by WB Games.
• Create and maintain automation scripts built in Python, Unreal Engine (Blueprints) and our in-house automation system.
• Meet and discuss with various game production teams on automation needs.
• Meet with FQA leads to gather automation requirements and priorities.
• Understand and use our in-house automation system.
• Help the QA Development team to identify and define new features needed in the in-house automation system.
• Keeping track of test results and validate that the title is in good condition for automation
• Determine which debug features are necessary to complete scripts and either create (UE4 Blueprints) or request them
• Creation of automated reports that are deliver in excel of Slack format, for various departments.
The following experience is considered an asset:
• Proficient with Jira Queries, Filters & Dashboards
• Experience with object-oriented programming languages
The ideal candidate will:
• Have an analytical mindset
• Creative problem solver
• Be very autonomous, innovative and a quick learner
• Possess strong verbal and written communication and reporting skills
• Love to learn and experiment
• Passionate about video games
• 2+ years of experience using Python or a similar scripting language.
• 2+ years of experience using Unreal engine (blueprints).
• 2+ years of technical experience within the video games field.
• Deep knowledge of a AAA videogame production and development environment.
• Good knowledge of development engines (Unreal Engine), source control (Perforce) and integrated development environments (Visual Studio).
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
Diploma or certificate in a relevant field (e.g. computer science, statistics, engineering, mathematics, economics, etc.), or equivalent experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d284v2-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.