WarnerMedia Corporate seeks a Program Manager for Enterprise Inclusion's Global Access Programs in Canada, in collaboration with the company's Corporate Social Responsibility and Public Affairs business units.
The Program Manager will execute a national talent-recruitment and -development initiative for individuals from communities that are underrepresented in the film and TV industry, including Indigenous, Black and other racialized groups, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2+, Francophone minorities and women.
The Program Manager's role is to support equity and inclusion best practices on WarnerMedia productions in Canada, primarily by providing pathways to careers in below-the-line craft and technical positions, through placements in Production Assistant (PA) roles.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated professional with deep experience and relationships in the Canadian film and TV industry, particularly in B.C. This candidate is also knowledgeable about underrepresented communities in the industry and in Canada, in general.
• Collaborate with WM Corporate Social Responsibility to assess the Production Assistant needs and requirements of WM's film and TV productions (set visits as needed).
• Manage internal stakeholder relations with WM's partners across departments.
• Manage external stakeholder relations with government agencies, unions and guilds, educational institutions, industry collectives, community organizations, and others to connect the ecosystem of initiatives and efforts, in coordination with WM Public Affairs.
• Develop and nurture new internal and external stakeholders into sustainable partnerships.
• Identify and collaborate with non-profit partners who specialize in career development for individuals from underrepresented groups in media production.
• Recruit, vet and place candidates on WM productions, communicating with candidates throughout their production experiences.
• Design and execute training and alumni events.
• Prepare and maintain project plans, setting realistic project timelines to meet deadlines.
• Collect data, track progress and prepare reports covering project estimates, project status and other management activities to ensure goals and objectives are met.
• Identify issues and provide recommendations to resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Create and deliver presentations.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience an asset.
• Extensive experience and stakeholder relations in the Canadian film and TV industry.
• Proactive collaborator with the advanced management skills to execute new projects from concept to completion, including decision-making, planning, problem-solving and communication.
• Cultural competency with a demonstrated passion for and knowledge of diversity, equity and inclusion issues and best practices; experience working inclusively with colleagues and stakeholders who identify as Indigenous, Black and other racialized communities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2+, Francophone minorities and women.
• Personable with the skills to exercise good judgement, work independently with a remote team, innovate and improvise; and to communicate effectively with the confidence to voice concerns and ask difficult questions.