The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager is responsible for overseeing QA activities for assigned Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) products across Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Apple, PC and all future platforms. The QA Manager works closely with Producers, Supervisors, Leads, Testers, Engineers and other team members within the organization to create a complete test process for his/her products. The QA Manager is responsible for the approved QA budgets, and manages the relationships with external QA vendors. In addition, the QA Manager is responsible for hiring, training, supervising, scheduling, and monitoring the activities of all QA employees under his/her responsibility.
QA Managers at WB Games Montréal generally have one of three assigned focus areas; Projects, Services and Resource Management; the QA Manager works with their peers to ensure smooth operations of the QA Department as a whole, under the guidance of the QA Director.
• Under the supervision of the QA Director, oversee all functional QA activities for assigned products including the preparation of test plans, user stories, test cases, etc. Adapt the QA approach for different management environments such as Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Green Light/Stage-Gate, etc., that Dev teams may be using.
• Help develop QA policies by working closely with existing Product teams and QA team members, and implement and enforce them across his/her assigned WB Games products.
• Hire and supervise the QA Leads and Testers under his/her responsibility to attain consistent, class-leading performance. Involve QA Leads and Testers in continuous improvement activities. Assess their performance and provide feedback. Ensure QA team members are prioritizing and tracking defects and issues appropriately and recommend corrective action where required. Collaborate with other QA Managers to optimize the use of QA Leads and Testers. Provide appropriate training to QA Leads and Testers by establishing QA employees training programs, mentorships, and provide career guidance.
• Participate in managing and enhancing the existing QA database process across all internal and external developers, and help ensure all product databases are consistently maintained and state- of-the-art. Participate in selecting and developing the tools to manage the data. Participate in interactions with a variety of internal and external users to acquire and exchange information on QA issues and processes.
• Build solid partnerships with Production; including Publisher Producers, Internal Developer Producers, and other groups if applicable. Provide valuable and meaningful data and information to the internal and external partners to help launch products at the desired quality level. When appropriate, be an active member of the Publisher core teams. Provide education and advice to the partners on the use and interpretation of the data being provided by the QA team.
• Oversee the creation of specific product test plans, test suites, test scenarios, and test strategies that span a product's lifecycle covering art, design and engineering quality assurance. Ensure coordination with Project Stakeholders to help bring games to a ''releasable status''.
• Follow closely the progress of his/her assigned QA mandates with frequent reviews involving his/her direct reports, Production and Finalization partners. Be flexible and adapt to changes. Collaborate with them to resolve issues and difficulties. If solutions are unsatisfactory, escalate
Job Description Page 2
the issue to the Director of Quality Assurance and the Executive Producer of the products he/she is responsible for.
• Manage external QA vendor relationships, which include but are not limited to:
• Identifying and negotiating work contracts with external vendors for services related to the testing and validation of WB's games
• Work with product teams and QA Leads to deliver effective test suites and guidelines to external QA partners
• Establish appropriate communication channels
• Review the vendor's performance and results of the working relationships to refine future processes and in selected cases, build partnerships
• Manage relationships with other selected stakeholders.
• Suggest operating costs and quality goals for his/her products to the Director of Quality Assurance. Obtain approvals and manage QA budgets for all his/her assigned products according to the slate release schedule. This includes staffing plans to accommodate full-time employees as well as the use of QA contractors and external QA vendor support.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
• 7+ years of software QA experience.
• 5+ years of QA management experience within the IT or video games field.
• Experience with game console certifications as required by Windows, Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent.
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Online/internet skills. Knowledge of MS Project. Thorough hands on experience with Jira, Confluence, EasyBI & TestRail.
• Excellent understanding of Mobile, PC and console game testing.
• Experience leveraging Automation, Analytics throughout Product Development
• In-depth understanding of formal test and development processes.
• Excellent hiring and performance management skills.
• Ability to create solid test plans and strategies.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
• PMP training a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4y5ny-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.