- Full Time
TT Games was acquired by Warner Bros. in 2007 and went on to develop the hit LEGO games franchise. The company is proud to continue its mission to be the leading publisher of interactive entertainment for young gamers and their families.
The Game Programming Team work alongside designers, gameplay artists, final artists, animators, VFX artists, and SFX artists to create the gameplay code required to construct the game. Upon joining, you will be assigned to a senior programmer on a team who will act as a mentor, guiding you through our code base and getting you up to speed as quickly as possible. The project you will be on will be a major IP based LEGO game built in Unreal.
• Work with animators, artists, and designers to engineer reusable modular game systems that they can use to create fun networked content for the game.
• Work on the AI systems required to create fun networked enemy AI, Party AI, and Boss AI.
• Write fun, networked player mechanics.
• Write reusable gameplay systems that will allow designer to populate the hubs with fun networked game play.
• Write GUI systems.
• Implement achievements, trophies, and rich presence.
• Use C++ and the editor to achieve the above.
• Make the game FUN!
The ideal candidates will have:
• Demonstrably strong talent for programming game-play and mechanics, with a clear understanding of what makes games 'feel' good.
• Passion for working closely with world-class artists, animators and designers; supporting their developing day-to-day needs for game-play technology and associated tools.
• A highly self-motivated team player with the ability to dive in, understand code, and learn quickly.
• Fluent in object-oriented C++ with strong debugging and documentation skills.
• Strong 3D maths and physics skills.
• Unreal experience on at least one released game.
• A good degree or post-graduate qualification, or relevant experience, in Computer Science or a related subject.
• Provide time estimates for complex programming tasks.
• Ability to work on assigned tasks generally without direct supervision.
• Mentor Junior Programmers.
• Analyse the design documents for risk and provide creative solutions.
• Demonstrable experience in the games industry.
Please include a link to your portfolio with your application, ideally a short 5 minute video showcasing your work.
About TT Games:
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind our studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
In late 2016 we were extremely proud to be joined by Playdemic, one of the UK's most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android. Exciting news continued into 2017 as TT Odyssey was established, founded by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry. TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller's Tales, designing from the ground-up a LEGO video game as a free to play mobile title.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our 30 years of success possible.
TT Games offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we're most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to flourish within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxwk0-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.