Executive Assistant, Music
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Provides administrative support to the SVP, Head of Music.
• Answers telephones, screens, logs and places calls. Fields inquiries and general questions from both WBTV internal and external contacts.
• Prepares documents such as memos, labels, correspondence and expense reports. Prepares various spreadsheets detailing composer and supervisor payment history, budget projections, show contact information, etc.
• Maintains and organizes various filing systems.
• Schedules appointments, meetings, conference calls, etc.
• Orders office supplies, industry books, trade magazines, and journals, office pantry items, office equipment, etc. Submits General Store, Office Depot, and Road Runner orders. Keeps inventory of supplies, organizes storage, and handles pre-orders.
• • Researches upcoming WBTV projects by gathering scripts/materials and distributes to the department.
• Keeps SVP apprised of music and television industry news relating to our shows, Company, talent, producers, executives, musical artists, songwriters, industry deals, etc.
• Opens, records and distributes incoming mail.
Organizes incoming music submissions.
• Proofreads, photocopies and distributes material.
• Prepares notes for and Distributes weekly status report.
• Maintains departmental show coverage chart, a current composer agency roster, as well as credit/bio materials and demo reels for composers.
• Maintains rosters from record labels, publishers, and management companies of musical artists and other talent.
• Assists with credit approvals. Researches, maintains log, makes copies for files, handles corresponding/follow-up with Post Depts. regarding status, etc.
• Preps materials as needed for meetings (credits, bios, resumes, etc.)
• Submits office maintenance requests and schedules deliveries, equipment repairs, etc., including office photocopiers, printers, fax machines, and other office equipment. Schedules office, building, and phone system repairs.
• Helps coordinate music showcases with labels, including equipment rentals, gate access, parking, and refreshments.
• Assists with new-hire onboarding activities
• Schedules travel arrangements
• Performs additional related duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
Previous administrative support experience required.
Familiarity with television industry required.
Previous music experience strongly preferred.
Some writing experience preferred.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
BA/BS degree preferred.
PC Skills: MS Word, Windows, and a strong emphasis on Excel required.
Knowledge of file set-up, maintenance, and filing procedures.
Knowledge of math, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and English usage.
Knowledge of report, letter, logs, etc. formats required.
Must have exceptional grammar skills.
Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and on the telephone.
Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Must be able to handle confidential information.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rezvj7-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.