HR Workday Data Specialist
Los Angeles, CA
Reporting to the Global HCM Analytics and Operations Lead, this position will be responsible for managing the Global Workforce Analytics practice within HR Shared Services (HRS).
This person will lead a team of analysts and data scientists who will provide HRS, HR, Finance, COEs, Executive Leadership and other business partners with actionable data and insights on each stage of the employee lifecycle and ever-changing business landscape.
This position will play a key role in the organization's continuing evolution from traditional reporting to real-time analytics and insights based on advanced analytic modeling and HR data science. The role will provide strategic direction and leadership for HRS reporting and analytics initiatives as well as the workforce analytics roadmap.
This position will drive the goal of increasing our analytical capabilities and derive actionable insights into our critical business issues, as well as create a scalable data infrastructure and user-friendly reporting environment that can effectively support our growing company. They are responsible to support the design, development, and implementation of our Workforce analytics and data strategy.
They will build the workforce data foundation within Workday with a focus on Workday Prism and business intelligence tools such as Tableau, enabling the efficient delivery of accurate insights to our business partners.
This individual will serve as the analytics subject matter expert, driving analytic effectiveness and skill development internally.
The team will be based in the US, Hong Kong and UK. The team will work closely with various HR Shared Services (HRIS, Payroll, and Operational Excellence), HR (Business Partners, Compensation, Talent Acquisition, etc.), and Technology teams.
• Direct and oversee the work of the data analysts and HR data scientists
• Support the future state of HR Analytics within the organization, including the execution of our multi-year roadmap
• Design and develop dashboards, reports, presentations and visual aids used to educate, inform and influence the decisions of HR clients and business leaders
• Develop data-driven, compelling business cases to support and prioritize initiatives
• Foster an HR analytics community and data literacy throughout the HR organization (i.e. instruct classes on data analytics to broader employee group)
• Integrate data from multiple HRIS systems and develop analytics on headcount, organizational effectiveness metrics, and other key performance indicators
• Manage prioritization of workforce analytics portfolio, including operational reporting, analytics, Prism and advanced analytics projects
• Lead and participate in Workday related reporting, analytics and Prism projects
• Manage Workday Prism analytics pipelines and model solutions using Workday Prism
• Run reconciliations to ensure data integrity in systems implementations and analytics projects
• Develop an HR data governance strategy and standardized best practices to ensure the accuracy and scalability of organizational workforce analytics globally
• Foster relationship with Workday product teams and present/co-present with Workday during Workday Rising and other conferences
• Perform other duties as required
• Bachelor's degree, masters preferred
• 8+ years of experience in Human Resources, operational analytics or consulting experience
• 4+ years of experience in HR reporting and analytics with hands-on experience in analytics and quantitative methods
• Experience with statistical analysis and modeling tools (R, Python, SAS, RapidMiner, Knime) required
• Workday Prism experience required; Workday Prism Certification preferred
• Workday Reporting and Analytics lead experience required
• Experience with advanced visualization applications (Tableau, PowerBI) required
• Experience presenting data to an executive audience and supporting monthly, quarterly or annual business reviews
• Experience managing the advanced analytics project lifecycle including problem framing; data preparation; model development, evaluation and deployment
• Experience delivering Prism projects and managing the Prism project lifecycle including use case assessment, development and solution deployment, experience developing financial use cases preferred
• Ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively anticipate problems and opportunities and confidence to use initiative to pursue solutions
• Strong problem-solving skills capable of distilling business problems to their core components
• Strong understanding of a statistical analysis, advanced analytic modeling and data science techniques both structured and unstructured analysis
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong understanding of data governance and master data management
• Ability to manage complex work within tight deadlines
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxnpxq-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.