Warner Bros. is one of the world's largest distributors of feature films, television programs and animated content. The Digital Media group within the Worldwide Television Marketing division supports this business with a growing portfolio of technical hardware, software applications, and cloud infrastructure which are used to sell, promote, and market this content worldwide. This team brings together custom software, commercial applications, hardware systems, and human processes to give marketing decision-makers the scale, reach, effectiveness, and agility to succeed in a rapidly changing competitive environment.
The Director, Digital Media maintains an infrastructure that gives unparalleled access to media and processing resources without overburdening the creative talent key to the success of Worldwide TV Marketing as an internal agency. The Director of Digital Media is responsible for all day-to-day operations in the department and ensures that all Post Production and Technical Operations run smoothly. The role works closely with stakeholders and executives to direct and implement strategic initiatives and capital expenditure projects to improve speed, quality and cost of managing and delivering of WWTVM content. Works closely with internal and external teams to overcome logistical and technical limitations while maintaining accuracy and efficiency.
• Directs the tech and post operation staff in day-to-day functions related to workflow, ingest, output and scheduling of personnel for the 50+ edit bays.
• Oversees the testing and troubleshooting workflows, equipment and procedures.
• Works with stakeholders and experts to plan, align and implement the roadmap for technical innovation and process improvement at WWTVM.
• Works with other WarnerMedia teams to align plans that require cross-team collaboration and cross-pollinate successes from around the company.
• Researches and implements new technologies, workflows and trends by networking and attending various trade shows and conferences.
• Directs the annual Capex preparation, review and submission process.
• Other job-related duties or projects as assigned .
• Minimum 7 years' experience in Technical Operations and/or Post Production Operations required
• 5 years of prior experience at a studio or post house as either a Manager of Post Production Operations or Manager of Technical Operations
• Previous project management experience is preferred
• Experience in an agency environment is a plus
• Prior editorial experience is a plus
• Prior customer service experience is preferred
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification:
• College degree or equivalent work experience is required
• Coursework in TV Production, Engineering or Computer Science preferred
• Completion of additional technology coursework (Avid, Final Cut, Linux, etc) preferred
• Computer support certifications a plus
• Membership in SMPTE a plus
• Avid ASCR certification a plus
• Must have technical knowledge of state-of-the-art video/film/audio production and post-production techniques and equipment
• Expertise in Avid Media Composer, Apple Final Cut, Adobe Premiere
• Working knowledge of Avid Interplay
• Knowledge of video and audio signal requirements and some familiarity with routers.
• Experience with LTO Tape Libraries and all required workflows for archive and restore
• Familiarity with storage appliances from Quantum, Isilon and Avid Nexis.
• Experience with Mac, PC & Linux
• Expert in Media Compression and encoding on solutions like Telestream Vantage
• Familiarity with Levels Beyond Reach Engine Studio is encouraged
• Experience working with Azure/AWS and migrating workflows to cloud infrastructure
• Working knowledge of virtualizing hardware and using VMware
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98w5m-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.