CNN's Content Management & Information Services group is tasked with preserving the history, raw content and finished video assets of CNN Worldwide, and with creating and managing metadata to ensure future findability and re-use of those assets.
The Content Coordinator is responsible for metadata and cataloging of video archived in our permanent collection. This essential information enables accurate retrieval of video for re-use by CNN production teams, affiliates and other business uses such as licensing content to outside companies. Content Coordinators receive, inventory, archive, catalog and weed CNN video content in our tape and media library and support other core areas such as program archiving.
• Prepares legacy tape content for digitization, including both physical and intellectual management.
• Supports the daily archiving of content from CNN's various production systems including selecting and archiving daily CNN program air.
• Work involves frequent manual moving of tapes, including unboxing shipments, reorganizing shelf contents and boxing of tapes for recycling.
• Provides metadata quality control and cleanup of database records originating outside the archive.
• Mines for metadata in various newsroom systems or provided by production units involved with the creation of the content.
• Following asset management policies, writes descriptive narratives of visuals, abstracts of editorial context, and adds accurate and complete metadata to key database fields.
• Applies indexing terms using the archive's controlled vocabulary to enable quick and accurate retrieval of archive assets.
• May provide occasional video reference service and participate on special video project teams.
• Will play a critical role in the physical relocation of the department within the next few years.
• Performs other duties as necessary to support archiving in times of breaking news or staff shortages.
• The bulk of this job is done onsite at CNN's offices with minimal opportunity for remote work
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and respond in a fast-paced environment
• Expert organizational skills and attention to detail
• Professional and positive approach to work, both in groups and independently
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexibility and adaptability to change
• News events interest, both current and historical
• Ability to lift and move videotapes and boxes (20lbs)
• Previous video production or media archive experience highly desirable
• Experience working in a library highly desired
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpj3bx-3-238-204-31-42 in your application.