Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The Associate Producer is responsible for general newsgathering and pitching enterprise story ideas. The AP works alongside correspondents, producers editors and managers to create multi-platform content.
Responsibilities include supporting producers and correspondents in all aspects of story research, newsgathering and procuring elements for execution across all platforms. The position requires identifying, researching and locating individuals who can be the central character for stories and conducting interviews.
In pursuing breaking news stories, the AP confirms facts, obtains statements, conducts interviews and works alongside members of the newsgathering team in a fast-paced environment where accuracy is paramount.
The AP assists with logistics for field assignments and will be called on to produce reporter live shots, attend court hearings and news conferences. Real-time dissemination of news developments is critical.
The candidate should anticipate filing digital stories under deadline.
• Four-year degree or commensurate work experience
• Two years as an AP, writer, writer/producer or producer in local news, cable or at the network level
• Must have strong news awareness and production skills, the ability and desire to handle intense research projects
• Strong research and writing skills are essential
• The candidate must be able to handle themselves professionally in changing and challenging situations and be able to react quickly under duress
• Ideal candidate must understand the information, video and graphic elements of a story
• Candidates must be extremely well organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize assignments and handle the changing timelines of multiple ongoing projects
• This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States.
• The company requires anyone working in our workplaces in the US to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzem0q-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.