Associate Manager, Canada Partner Management
To help us meet consumer and digital platform partner needs as the digital content landscape undergoes dramatic changes, we are hiring an Associate Manager for the Canada digital transactional business, as part of the Partner Managerment team in WarnerMedia's Sales & Distribution group. This group works with distribution partners to drive, deliver, and optimize WarnerMedia's award-winning film and television portfolio: Warner Bros., HBO, HBO Max Originals, and Turner Networks.
The Associate Manager role will provide critical day-to-day support to the team as an integral part of the distribution process, contributing to the robust Canada home entertainment market by reviewing performance, creating forecasts, and working with our distribution partners to maximize revenue. This person will liaise with partner representatives and key internal stakeholders, supporting the Account Managers by maintaining a consistent stream of assets, analysis and information while actively supporting and capitalizing on partner opportunities. The Associate Manager will have the opportunity to make a big impact while working with a diverse and dynamic group of professionals.
This position will be based in WarnerMedia's Toronto offices, with remote work planned for the foreseeable future due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
• The Associate Manager will work closely with the Partner Management team in all activities related to the day-to-day management of WarnerMedia's transactional EST and VOD businesses in Canada, across global digital accounts (e.g. Apple, Google, Microsoft) and local accounts (including Bell, Cineplex, Rogers, Shaw, Telus etc.) for all WarnerMedia film and tv content.
• Help to achieve revenue goals for the transactional business; proactively participate in the development, implementation, execution, and monitoring of business plans to drive KPI's and achieve revenue and partnership targets.
• Develop and maintain weekly and monthly sales reporting and forecasting documents for all Canada digital accounts, including (but not limited to): Digital dashboard, Forecast updates based on actuals and release timing/strategy changes, Promotional efficacy and placement, competitive tracking.
• Provide support on a day-to-day basis including running reports, making ad hoc requests for additional data, analyzing data.
• Provide fact-based recommendations to the Partner Management team to proactively optimize business plans that drive toward achieving revenue goals.
• Seek content promotion opportunities to maximize and drive incremental support from partners.
• Monitor the execution of programs / placements, and perform regular campaign analyses and draw conclusions about effectiveness.
• Create and share best practices with the cross-functional teams as well as with partner management teams in other territories
• Ensure files are updated accurately and optimized, and submitted to internal finance and senior management teams in a timely manner.
• Help the Account Managers with the management and maintenance of iTunes Connect (particularly for promotion setup) and other promotion management tools, to ensure content is live on time and promotions are executed with the correct pricing and dates.
• Provide title-level and promotion-level analysis as required.
• Act as a project lead for key systems.
• Manage and traffic delivey of digital content, approval and delivery of creative assets, and provide solutions to issues as they arise.
• Assist Account Managers with rights reports to identify new windows, selection gaps or rights infringement, as well as develop and maintain a ''live list'' for local clients to ensure optimal assortment.
• Assist the Partner Management team with the preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting and meetings, including sales presentations to clients, internal business updates, promotional planning meetings, client business reviews, monthly projections and forecasts for management etc.
• Develop, foster, collaborate and maintain relationships across WarnerMedia distribution partners and internal cross-functional teams on marketing, promotional opportunities, operations affairs, and specific franchise plans.
• Facilitate and lead meetings with internal and external partners to drive the execution of key initiatives.
• Provide additional support for account portfolio including competitive and merchandising tracking, product and hardware updates, etc.
• Support the team with light administrative tasks (travel, expenses, shipments, meetings set-up).
• Provide ad-hoc project support with an adaptive, on-the-fly positive attitude.
• Stay curious and current with industry and evolving landscape, develop a point of view on new digital media trends.
The Associate Manager we seek will be an experienced, driven and analytical media & entertainment professional.
• Strong computational and financial analysis skills.
• Account and/or client management experience is preferred.
• Proactive self-starter with strong sense of ownership and accountability.
• Capable of making effective business recommendations supported by data.
• Extremely goal- and detail-oriented with the ability to be organized and prioritize.
• Ability to build productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
In addition, all candidates should possess the following:
• A minimum of 3 years professional experience. Preferred account management or partner management experience.
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Strong Excel and data visualization skills, proficiency in PowerPoint, Outlook, Sharepoint preferred.
• Strong presentation and communication skills.
• Interested in movies and tv.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gke1jk-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.