Full Time Job
Affliate Sales Distribution & Business Development Manager
- Full Time
Job DescriptionThe Job
Reporting to Affiliate Sales (AS) and BD Director, this person will be responsible on the day to day practical business development and definition of local strategy to be developed for the entire portfolio of WM linear channels , services and brands, local OP content licensing/syndication and Affiliate Sales Distribution areas of revenue for Spain and in Portugal.
Affiliates Sales Distribution:
• To keep, manage and improve the commercial relationship with all affiliate partners and clients (Pay TV platforms, Telco operators, OTT Players, MVPDs).
• Identification of market new opportunities (new channels, new platforms).
• Support the AS and BD Director in the commercial strategy of the carriage deal renewals, driving negotiations and oversee the updates on sales administration issues.
• Collaborate and maximize the distribution plans for HBO Max.
• Work closely with the local/regional CFO and the Finance central team to be accurate in the forecast revenues and to oversee the invoicing processes.
Local Original Production content licensing / syndication:
• Work proactively to improve this line of business and revenue stream by establishing new commercial relationships with the existing and new customers and players (FTV, Pay TV, OTT platforms, Digital VOD).
• Fully understand and have an updated overview of the market trends and opportunities (content ratings and performance, reach of brands, channels content needs, platforms performance, etc.).
• Responsible to commercialise the local original production content pipeline and brands development and availability.
• To develop commercial presentations and proposals to potential customers by offering the best local products available to customer's needs.
• BD Planning. To Support the AS and BD Director in the definition, development, and execution of the strategic plans for the Spanish and Portuguese Business and the implementation of BD initiatives and projects, ensuring the smooth delivery of projects within budget and measuring return on investment where possible.
• Development of Business Plans for all new projects and identify clear market opportunities.
• Coordinate and support the development of New Media and streaming strategy by developing digital tailored proposals and deals for existing and new market players (OTT, Digital, Mobile, etc.), offering branded and programmed SVOD services and managing digital revenue stream by monetizing the digital rights attached to existing distribution agreements.
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
• Strong strategic thinking, analytic and negotiation skills (commercial focus)
• Proficient in the use of Power Point, Strategic Presentations and Microsoft Office tools
• Ability to work with other teams, areas (ability to influence in other areas)
• Ability to prepare internal accurate commercial reports on activity for management review
• Experienced in Business Planning and cross functional project management skills.
• Excellent presentation skills. (Creative Writing)
• Fluent in Spanish and English (spoken and written)
The Nice To Haves
• Ideally TV industry with relationships with Pay TV platforms (Content and/or marketing areas) or
• Experience in business development management and/or consulting (telco and media industry)
• Portuguese language is a plus
This role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical, generous pension contribution and company bonus. Many of our staff work flexibly in many ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z539-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.