The News Media Exchange Operator is a multi-skilled operational role that supports the news gathering processes for Newshub.
The position is responsible for ensuring news and production content is acquired, managed and delivered across the company's multimedia platforms in the highest possible quality and standard.
• Record and ingest material from various media formats and feeds.
• Liaise between different departments within Newshub for content delivery into the media system
• Manage media of different formats for both incoming and outgoing via various delivery workflow s.
• Day-to-day management of media assets in the company's Avid Interplay system.
• Carry out routine procedures and processes to contribute to the smooth
of the department
• A dhere to Newshub naming conventions to ensure ease of access and identification of media.
• Alerting of Newshub staff of new material when required.
• S ourcing media from the company's digital archival system.
• Edit and prepare media for various broadcast services using Avid Media Composer.
• Provide support to newsroom staff with using Avid software.
• Triage faults and escalate to the team leader or technical support where required.
• Deliver content to external broadcasters and production companies as needed.
• Ensuring familiarity with the company's health and safety policies and procedures, and any modifications to those policies and procedures that may be introduced from time to time.
• Carry out your work safely and without endangering or causing harm to yourself, fellow staff members, contractors, customers, visitors, or the general public.
• Other duties as required.
• An understanding of video and audio recording principles and their application to news production.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent computing skills , and adapting to new technology when introduced
• Video skills relating to edit systems, encoding and delivery.
• A good understanding of sound journalistic principles.
• Achieve a satisfactory level of skills and knowledge in job related-areas.
• Ability to respond and adapt in an ever changing working environment.
• Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
• Develop innovative solutions when usual workflows and pathways change
• Demonstrates good judgement
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and perform effectively under pressure
• Able to cope with s hift work , including weekends
• Use a structured approach to problem solving
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Interest in developing new methods to drive efficiency
• Relevant tertiary qualification
or similar work experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reymo1-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.