Supports the consolidation, review and analysis of profit & loss statements including by-title reporting for the Global Studios business segment within Warner Bros. Discovery including Actual and Plan cycles (i.e. Budget, Forecast, Monthly Update, Long Range Plan).
Financial Planning and Reporting (Monthly Updates, Forecasts, Budget and Long Range Plan)
• Perform tie-out of Global Studios profit & loss statement for all planning cycles to the corporate dashboard including reconciling items and other business lines in the segment (PPA, Otter, Discovery Studios).
• Prepare roll-forwards comparing plan results to prior forecast, prior year and budget.
• Prepare challenge schedules for all business units within Global Studios.
• Oversee the submission of risks & opportunities from business units and the preparation of schedules summarizing the submissions and applying film costs.
• Support the preparation of forecast trending schedules and key metrics.
• Participate in the preparation of the Long Range Plan.
• Respond to inquiries from business unit finance.
• Propose budget/forecast procedures as well as designing and implementing process improvements. Active participation in the development of consolidation reports and analysis.
Financial Accounting and Reporting (Actual)
• Perform tie-out of Studios profit & loss statement for actual results to the corporate dashboard including reconciling items and other business lines in the segment (PPA, Otter, Discovery Studios).
• Assist in the preparation of monthly flash reporting providing actual results compared to forecast, prior year and budget.
• Prepare roll-forwards comparing actual results to forecast, prior year and budget.
• Prepares and ensures the maintenance of documented departmental procedures.
• Ensures compliance with SOX documentation requirements.
• Incorporates current and future technology to design/redesign processes and reporting.
• Handles other special projects as required.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in an accounting/finance or related environment required
• Previous experience in entertainment a plus
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices (GAAP) and financial statements
• Divisional or corporate reporting experience a plus
• Advanced proficiency in Excel required
• Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work with all levels of management
• Ability to organize navigate through details
• SAP BW/BPS experience a plus
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, union status, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz8987-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.