Avalanche is a Warner Bros. Games studio located in downtown Salt Lake City nestled against the backdrop of the beautiful Wasatch Mountains. We've been in the video game business since 1995, creating interactive experiences for fans of the world's largest franchises. Join the team behind the blockbuster open world, action RPG Hogwarts Legacy as we create what's next!
Avalanche Software, a division of Warner Brothers Games Inc. seeks an Associate Software Engineer to join our talented team. As a member of our studio's engineering team, you will collaborate with designers, artists, and other engineers to develop immersive gameplay experiences with industry leading visuals.
What part will you play?
• Design and write production game code & blueprints
• Create tools and processes used in production
• Work with designers to implement and tune various in-game scenarios
• Document implemented features, systems and new approaches
• Work with engineering team and QA to identify issues and fix them
What do we require from you?
• Bachelor and Master of Science in Game Engineering or equivalent work experience
• C++ (1 year minimum)
• Experience working on a game project, either as a student or on personal time
• Experience working with a game engine (Unreal Engine 4 preferable, others acceptable)
• Comfortable and practiced with coding tools, such as Source Control (Perforce), debugger (Visual Studio), scripting languages
• Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and comfort collaborating with others
• A self-motivated work process and excellent communication skills
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9n9v9-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.